Wayangs (10 RP)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom: Wayang are nimble and cagey, but their perception of the world is clouded by shadows.
- Wayang: Wayangs are humanoids with the wayang subtype.
- Small: Wayangs are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a -1 penalty on their CMB and to CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Wayangs have a base speed of 20 feet. (-1 RP)
- Darkvision: Wayangs can see in the dark up to 60 feet. (2 RP)
- Light and Dark (Su) Once per day as an immediate action, a wayang can treat positive and negative energy effects as if she were an undead creature, taking damage from positive energy and healing damage from negative energy. This ability lasts for 1 minute once activated. (1 RP)
- Lurker: Wayangs gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception and Stealth checks. (4 RP)
- Shadow Magic: Wayangs add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against spells of the shadow subschool that they cast. Wayangs with a Charisma score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—ghost sound,
pass without trace, and ventriloquism. The caster level for these effects is equal to the wayang's level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell's level + the wayang's Charisma modifier. (2 RP)
- Shadow Resistance: Wayangs get a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells of the shadow subschool. (2 RP)
- Languages: Wayangs begin play speaking Common and Wayang. Wayangs with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: any human language, Abyssal, Aklo, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Nagaji, Samsaran, and Tengu.
Random Starting Age
Random Starting Height & Weight
|Gender ||Base Height ||Height Modifier ||Base Weight ||Weight Modifier|
||3 ft. 0 in.
||2 ft. 10 in.
The wayangs are a race of small supernatural humanoids who trace their ancestry
to the Plane of Shadows. They are extremely gaunt, with pixielike stature and
skin the color of deep shadow. Deeply spiritual, they follow a philosophy known
as 'The Dissolution,' which teaches that in passing they may again merge into
the shadow. They readily express their beliefs through ritual scarification
and skin bleaching, marking their bodies with raised white dots in ornate spirals
and geometric patterns. Shy and elusive, they live in small, interdependent
tribes. Wayangs rarely associate with outsiders.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial trait may be selected instead of existing wayang racial
traits. Consult your GM before selecting this new option.
- Dissolution's Child: Once per day, you may change your appearance to look as if you were little more than a 4-foot-tall area of shadow. Your physical form still exists and you are not incorporeal—only your appearance changes. This works like invisibility, except it only lasts 1 round per level (maximum 5 rounds). This is a supernatural ability. This racial trait replaces shadow magic.
- In the ShadowsInner Sea Races: Many wayangs perform a variety of unusual roles and tasks in wayang society. They gain a +1 racial bonus on their choice of two of the following skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft, Profession, and Sleight of Hand. This racial trait replaces lurker.
- Poison Minion (4 RP)Blood of Shadows: Drow sometimes augment their slaves and frontline warriors by making them toxic, causing their bodies to internally produce mawbane poison. The resulting poisonous creature makes a potent weapon in the effort to discourage neighboring monsters. Any creature that hits such a character with a bite attack is immediately exposed to its poison. The save DC for this poison is equal to 10 + 1/2 the character's Hit Dice + the character's Constitution modifier. Mawbane Poison—ingested; save Fortitude as above; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1d2 Constitution damage; cure 1 save. Wayangs can take this trait in place of light and dark, lurker, and shadow resistance.
- Scion of Shadows:Blood of the Shadows Some wayangs retain an uncommonly powerful connection to the Plane of Shadow. A wayang with this racial trait counts as an outsider (native) and a humanoid (wayang) for any effect related to race, including feat prerequisites and spells that affect humanoids. In addition, attacks made against such a wayang in dim light have a 50% miss chance instead of the normal 20% miss chance. This ability doesn't grant total concealment; it only increases the miss chance. This racial trait replaces light and dark and shadow resistance.
- Shadow Inheritor (Su):Blood of the Shadows Wayangs with exceptional ties to their shadowy heritage have great skill at manipulating shadows. A wayang with this trait treats his caster level as being 1 higher for all level-based calculations of illusion spells he casts with the darkness or shadow descriptor, powers of the Darkness domain, bloodline powers of the shadow bloodline, and revelations of the oracle's shadow mystery (see page 12). This trait doesn't give wayangs early access to level-based powers; it affects their effective level only for powers they could already use without this trait. This racial trait replaces shadow magic.
- Shadow Speaker (Su):Blood of the Shadows Countless whispers of powerful beings from the Shadow Plane—long since dead or deeply dreaming—echo in the minds of wayangs with strong spiritual connections to the darkness. These faint voices hint at revelations of things to come and suggest actions for receptive listeners to undertake. Three times per day as a free action, but no more than once per turn, a wayang with this racial trait can heed these uncanny whispers to gain a +2 insight bonus on an ability check, attack roll, caster level check, concentration check, saving throw, or skill check. The wayang must choose to use this ability before making the appropriate die roll. This racial trait replaces shadow magic.
FAVORED CLASS OPTIONS
The following options are available to all wayangs who have the listed favored
class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the
favored class reward.
- Bard: Add one spell known from the wizard's illusion school spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the bard can cast. The spell is treated as being one level higher, unless it is also on the bard spell list.
- Barbarian: Add a +1/4 bonus to weapon damage rolls that the barbarian makes against opponents that are within dim light or darkness.
- Cleric: Add a +1/2 bonus to damage rolls the cleric makes when using channel energy and casting spells that deal negative energy damage or positive energy damage, including cure and inflict spells. This bonus does not apply to healing via negative energy effects or positive energy effects.
- Druid: Select one domain power granted at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the druid's Wisdom modifier. The druid adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that domain power. In addition, a druid that selects this bonus at 1st level can choose the Darkness domain with her natural bond ability.
- Fighter: Add a +1/4 bonus on Stealth checks and on weapon damage rolls against flat-footed opponents.
- Kineticist: Add 1/4 to the save DC of the kineticist's void infusions and wild talents (Pathfinder Player Companion: Occult Origins 6).
- Medium: When gaining a taboo, the medium can use spirit surge without incurring influence an additional 1/4 time per day.
- Monk: Add 1/6 to the monk's AC bonus.
- Oracle: Add one spell known from the wizard's illusion school spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the oracle can cast. That spell is treated as one level higher unless it is also on the oracle spell list.
- Paladin: Add 1/3 hit point to the paladin's channel energy and lay on hands abilities (whether using it to heal or harm).
- Ranger: Gain 1/6 of an additional favored terrain. Gaining a favored terrain in this manner does not increase the bonuses provided by his other favored terrains.
- Rogue: The rogue gains 1/6 of a new rogue talent.
- Shaman: Add one spell from the sorcerer/wizard spell list that isn't on the shaman spell list to the list of spells the shaman knows. This spell must be at least 1 level below the highest spell level the shaman can cast and be of the illusion (shadow) subschool or have the darkness descriptor.
- Slayer: Add 1/4 to the studied target bonus on Bluff and Perception checks. When the slayer gains the stalker class feature, he also adds this amount to the studied target bonus on Stealth checks.
- Sorcerer: Add +1/2 point of damage to any illusion spells of the shadow subschool cast by the sorcerer.
- Spiritualist: Add 1/4 to the number of rounds that the spiritualist's incorporeal phantom can be out of sight and line of effect before being sent back to the Ethereal Plane.
- Summoner: Add +1 skill rank to the summoner's eidolon.
- Witch: Add one spell from the sorcerer/wizard spell list that isn't on the witch spell list to the list of spells the witch knows. This spell must be at least 1 level below the highest spell level the witch can cast and be of the illusion (shadow) subschool or have the darkness descriptor.
- Wizard: Add one spell from the wizard spell list to the wizard's spellbook. The spell must be an illusion spell of the shadow subschool or have the darkness descriptor.
The following racial archetype is available to wayangs.
Wayangs have access to the following equipment.
This set of 10 elaborate metal stencils are used in shadow puppetry to cast shadows of highly stylized figures and objects. If used to aid in the creation of any type of shadow spell or effect (including shadow puppet bardic performances), a wayang adds a +1 competence bonus to her saving throw DC. Using a shadow stencil requires one hand.
Shadow stencil set 30 gp 2 lbs.
Wayangs have access to the following feat.
Wayang Magic Items
Wayangs have access to the following magic item.
Wayangs have access to the following spells.