- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: Vishkanyas are graceful and elegant, but they are often irrational.
- Vishkanya: Vishkanyas are humanoids with the vishkanya subtype.
- Medium: Vishkanyas are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Vishkanyas have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Vishkanyas can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Keen Senses: Vishkanyas receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Limber: Vishkanyas receive a +2 racial bonus on Escape Artist and Stealth checks.
- Poison Resistance: A vishkanya has a racial bonus on saving throws against poison equal to its Hit Dice.
- Poison Use: Vishkanyas are skilled in the use of poison and never accidentally poison themselves when using or applying poison.
- Toxic: A number of times per day equal to his Constitution modifier (minimum 1/day), a vishkanya can envenom a weapon that he wields with his toxic saliva or blood (using blood requires the vishkanya to be injured when he uses this ability). Applying venom in this way is a swift action.
- Vishkanya Venom: Injury; save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 the vishkanya's Hit Dice + the vishkanya's Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dex; cure 1 save.
- Weapon Familiarity: Vishkanyas are always proficient with blowguns, kukri, sanpkhang, and shuriken.
- Languages: Vishkanyas begin play speaking Common and Vishkanya. Vishkanyas with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aklo, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, and Undercommon.
Random Starting Age
Random Starting Height & Weight
|Gender ||Base Height ||Height Modifier ||Base Weight ||Weight Modifier|
||5 ft. 3 in.
||5 ft. 1 in.
Vishkanyas are a race of exotic humanoids with poisonous blood. Possessed
of an alien beauty, these graceful humanoids see the world through serpentine
eyes of burnished gold. Their supple skin is covered with tiny scales, often
of a light green, which are sometimes arrayed in patterns not unlike those
of a serpent. They cannot be generalized as good or evil, but since they truly
speak with forked tongues, they are content to accept the gold they're offered
and leave questions of morality to others.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial traits may be selected instead of existing vishkanya racial
traits. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- DeceptiveInner Sea Races: Vishkanya clans that make their livings robbing or killing humans train to distract targets at critical moments. They gain a +1 racial bonus on Bluff checks. This racial trait replaces the racial bonus on Escape Artist checks.
- Sensual: You are trained in drawing attention to yourself. You gain a +2 bonus on any one Perform skill. This racial trait replaces keen senses.
- Subtle Appearance: You have normal (humanlike) eyes, and your beauty is more conventional. You gain a +4 bonus on Disguise checks to look fully human. This racial trait replaces low-light vision.
FAVORED CLASS OPTIONS
The following options are available to all vishkanyas who have the listed favored
class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the
favored class reward.
- Bard: Add +1 to the bard's total number of bardic performance rounds per day.
- Rogue: Add +1 to the rogue's CMD when resisting a grapple or reposition attempt.
- Sorcerer: Select one bloodline power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the sorcerer's Charisma modifier. The sorcerer adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that bloodline power.
The following racial archetype is available to vishkanyas.
Vishkanyas have access to the following equipment.
This henna-like paste creates a dark brown tattoo on the hands or feet that fades over the next 2d6 days. The tattoo temporarily boosts the strength of a vishkanya's natural poison, increasing the DC of the next weapon envenomed with the vishkanya's blood or saliva by +2 (once used, the tattoo is merely decorative and does not affect the creature's poison). A typical tattoo consists of intricate whorls and spiritual symbols on the hands or feet.
Poison tattoo 50 gp — 20
Vishkanyas have access to the following feat.
Vishkanya Magic Items
Vishkanyas have access to the following magic item.
Vishkanyas have access to the following spell.