- +6 Strength, -2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Trox are very strong, but they can be dim, unreceptive, and inhospitable.
- Normal Speed: Trox have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Large: Trox are Large and take a -1 size penalty to AC, take a -4 size penalty on Stealth checks, and gain a +1 size bonus on combat maneuver checks and to combat maneuver defenses
- Darkvision 60 ft.: Trox can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Burrow: Trox have a burrow speed of 20 feet.
- Frenzy (Ex) Once per day when a trox takes damage, it flies into a frenzy for 1 minute, gaining a +2 racial bonus to Constitution and Strength, but a -2 penalty to AC.
- Grabbing Appendages (Ex) A trox's smaller arms are useful for little more than aiding grappling. Trox gain Improved Grapple as a bonus feat, and can maintain a grapple and still make attacks with their main arms.
- Languages: Terran. A Trox with a high Intelligence score can choose from the following: Common, Dwarven, Giant, Orc, and Undercommon.
Advanced Race Guide
Trox are powerfully built, insect-like humanoids. They walk on two strong legs, have two "arms" used for wielding weapons and performing heavy labor, and four smaller arms extending from their midsection.
Trox were once members of a much smaller and more docile race of subterranean burrowers, but were long ago enslaved by the duergar and bred into useful brutes. Eventually, several clans of trox were able to escape their slavers and reach the surface world, though they found the creatures above were just as eager to enslave them. Most trox still live a life of servitude. A free trox tends to be loyal to its true friends and inquisitive, though it can harbor deep grudges and resentments.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial trait may be selected instead of existing racial
traits. Consult your GM before selecting this new option.
- TremorsenseInner Sea Races: Some trox have developed a closeness to the earth that helps them thwart the invisibility of their duergar enemies. They gain tremorsense to a range of 30 feet. This racial trait replaces frenzy and burrow.