Svirfneblin (24 RP)
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma: Svirfneblin are fast and observant but relatively weak and emotionally distant.
- Gnome: Svirfneblin are humanoids with the gnome subtype.
- Small: Svirfneblin are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a -1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Defensive Training: Svirfneblin gain a +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class.
- Senses: Svirfneblin have darkvision 120 ft. and low-light vision.
- Fortunate: Svirfneblin gain a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- Skilled: Svirfneblin gain a +2 racial bonus on Stealth checks; this improves to a +4 bonus underground. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks and Perception checks.
- Hatred: Svirfneblin receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the reptilian and dwarven subtypes due to training against these hated foes.
- Stonecunning: Svirfneblin gain stonecunning as dwarves.
- Spell Resistance: Svirfneblin have SR equal to 11 + their class levels.
- Svirfneblin Magic: Svirfneblin add +1 to the DC of any illusion spells they cast. Svirfneblin also gain the following spell-like abilities: Constant—nondetection; 1/day— blindness/deafness, blur,
disguise self; caster level equals the svirfneblin's class levels.
- Languages: Svirfneblin begin play speaking Gnome and Undercommon. Those with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aklo, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, and Terran.
Random Starting Age
Random Starting Height & Weight
|Gender ||Base Height ||Height Modifier ||Base Weight ||Weight Modifier|
||3 ft. 0 in.
||2 ft. 10 in.
In the dark below earth, svirfneblin protect their enclaves, keeping their
small communities safe from the terrors of the lightless depths. Serious creatures
with slate-gray skin, these gnomes vary greatly from their surface cousins
by choosing to live in the shadowy depths and protect the world above from
the foul creatures sharing their chambers, vaults, and tunnels.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial traits may be selected instead of existing svirfneblin racial
traits. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
Healthy: Svirfneblin gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and
poison, including magical diseases. This racial trait replaces fortunate.
- Stalwart WatcherInner Sea Races: Svirfneblin first came to Golarion to thwart the schemes of evil fey. Those who still keep to this mission, primarily dwelling in settlements far beneath Andoran, gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against fey creatures and a +1 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects. This racial trait replaces hatred and skilled.
- Stoneseer: Svirfneblin add +1 to the caster level of any spells with the earth descriptor they cast. Svirfneblin also gain the following spell-like abilities: Constant—nondetection; 1/day—magic stone,
stone tell; caster level equals the svirfneblin's class levels. This racial trait replaces svirfneblin magic.
FAVORED CLASS OPTIONS
The following options are available to all svirfneblin who have the listed favored
class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the
favored class reward.
- Alchemist: Add one extract formula from the alchemist's list to the alchemist's formula book. This formula must be at least one level below the highest formula level the alchemist can create.
- Oracle: Add one spell known from the oracle spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the oracle can cast.
- Ranger: Add DR 1/magic to the ranger's animal companion. Each additional time the ranger selects this benefit, the DR/magic increases +1/2 (maximum DR 10/ magic). If the ranger ever replaces his animal companion, the new companion gains this DR.
The following racial archetype is available to svirfneblin.
Svirfneblin have access to the following equipment.
This alchemically grown crystal dart builds up an electrical charge when thrown. A creature struck by the dart takes normal piercing damage and 1d6 points of electricity damage. Anyone proficient in darts can use a jolting dart. Once thrown, the dart is destroyed.
Jolting dart 100 gp 1d3 1d4 x2 20 ft. 1/2 lb. P See text
Svirfneblin have access to the following feat.
Svirfneblin have access to the following spells.