- +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma: Strix are swift and elusive, but tend to be stubborn and swift to anger.
- Strix: Strix are humanoids with the strix subtype.
- Medium: Strix are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Strix have a base speed of 30 feet on land. They also have a fly speed of 60 feet (average).
- Low-Light Vision: Strix can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Darkvision: Strix can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Hatred: Strix receive a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures with the human subtype because of their special training against these hated foes.
- Nocturnal: Strix gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception and Stealth checks in dim light or darkness.
- Suspicious: Strix receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells and effects.
- Languages: Strix begin play speaking Strix. Those with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Auran, Common, Draconic, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Infernal.
Random Starting Age
Random Starting Height & Weight
|Gender ||Base Height ||Height Modifier ||Base Weight ||Weight Modifier |
||5 ft. 4 in.
||5 ft. 2 in.
Human neighbors tell horrific tales of slaughter woven with frightened suspicion
when speaking of strix. Strix, however, tell a tale of encroachment and a struggle
for land and resources. For ages, humans invaded strix lands fighting bloody
battles against the fierce, black-skinned creatures they thought to be winged
devils. Over time, strix have developed a hatred for humankind and now fiercely
protect their dwindling numbers.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial traits may be selected instead of existing racial
traits. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Dayguard: Familiar with watching over its tribe during the day, the strix
gains a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks and treats Perception as a class
skill. This racial trait replaces nocturnal.
- Cautious BrawlerInner Sea Races: Because strix are careful to avoid injuring other strix even when they fight with each other, they develop a talent for fighting without causing lasting harm. They gain a +1 racial bonus on damage rolls when dealing nonlethal damage and take no attack penalty when dealing nonlethal damage with a lethal weapon. This racial trait replaces hatred and suspicious.
- Frightening: The strix looks particularly menacing and use this to its advantage, gaining a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate checks. This racial trait replaces nocturnal.
- Nimble: The strix receives a +1 racial bonus on Reflex saves. This replaces the suspicious racial trait.
- Tough: The strix receives a +1 racial bonus on Fortitude saves. This racial trait replaces suspicious.
- Wing-Clipped: The flight of wing-clipped strix is weaker than normal, whether from deformity or injury. Their fly speed is 20 feet (poor) instead of the normal fly speed, and they must make a DC 30 Fly check to fly upward. Ostracized by their tribes and forced to deal with other races, these strix compensate for their weakness by gaining a +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Climb, and Diplomacy checks.
FAVORED CLASS OPTIONS
The following options are available to all strix who have the listed favored
class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the
favored class reward.
- Barbarian: Add +1 to the barbarian's total number of rage rounds per day.
- Bloodrager: Increase the bloodrager's total number of bloodrage rounds per day by 1.
- Brawler: Add 1/4 to the brawler's effective class level to determine her unarmed strike damage.
- Druid: Add a +1/2 bonus to Knowledge (nature) checks related to weather and flying animals.
- Fighter: Add +1/4 to the attack roll bonus from the strix's hatred racial trait.
- Hunter: Add 1 hit point to the hunter's animal companion. If the hunter replaces her animal companion, the new animal companion gains these bonus hit points.
- Monk: Add +1/4 point to the monk's ki pool.
- Oracle: Add one spell known from the oracle spell list. This spell must be at least 1 level below the highest spell level the oracle can cast.
- Ranger: Add +1/2 round to the duration of the bonus granted to the companions of the ranger using his hunter's bond ability.
- Shaman: Add 1/2 to the shaman's effective class level for the purpose of determining her spirit animal's natural armor adjustment, Intelligence, and special abilities.
- Slayer: Increase the studied target bonus on Perception and Survival checks by 1/4. When the slayer gains the stalker class feature, the slayer also gains this increase to the studied target bonus on Stealth checks.
- Witch: Add one spell from the witch spell list to the witch's familiar. This spell must be at least 1 level below the highest spell level the witch can cast. If the witch ever replaces this familiar, the new familiar knows these bonus spells.
The following racial archetype is available to strix.
Strix have access to the following equipment.
This short, wide net is covered in barbed loops and slipknots. It works like a typical net exotic weapon, except it has the trip weapon special feature. If you entangle an opponent and hold the trailing rope, on your turn in place of a melee attack you may make a trip combat maneuver check against that opponent; if you succeed, you may trip the opponent or deal 1 point of piercing damage to the opponent. The concentration DC to cast while entangled in a snag net is 17 + the spell's level. The Escape Artist DC to escape a snag net is 22.
Net, snag 30 gp see text see
text — 10 ft. 10 lbs. P Trip, see text
Strix have access to the following feat.
Strix Magic Items
Strix have a fondness for magic items like this one.
Strix have access to the following spell.