- +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Constitution: Reborn samsarans are insightful and learn quickly, but their bodies tend to be frail.
- Medium: Reborn samsarans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Reborn samsarans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Reborn samsarans can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Psychic Attunement: Reborn samsarans receive Psychic Virtuoso as a bonus feat at 1st level. Those who can't use occult skill unlocks at 1st level instead gain the Psychic Sensitivity feat as a bonus feat.
- Reborn Magic: A reborn samsaran with a Charisma score of 11 or higher can cast the following spells (as per the psychic magic universal monster rule, using his Charisma modifier to determine the DCs): burst of insight (1 PE),
detect psychic significance (0 PE),
object reading (2 PE), and psychic reading (1 PE). The caster level is equal to the reborn samsaran's level. The reborn samsaran has a reservoir of 5 PE per day.
- Aura Transparency (Ex) A reborn samsaran has difficulty hiding his psychic signatures. The DC of any skill check made to read his aura decreases by 5, and the check takes one-tenth as long as normal to perform.
- Psychic Learning (Su) When a reborn samsaran expends psychic energy to cast psychic reading to identify a humanoid's class, he temporarily treats two of the target's class skills as if they were class skills for him. He can use these skills untrained and gains a +2 insight bonus on such checks. These benefits last for 24 hours or until the reborn samsaran spends psychic energy to cast psychic reading again.
- Languages Reborn samsarans begin play speaking Common and Samsaran. Those reborn samsarans with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: any human language, Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Draconic, Giant, Ignan, Infernal, and Terran.
Random Starting Age
Random Starting Height & Weight
|Gender ||Base Height ||Height Modifier ||Base Weight ||Weight Modifier|
||5 ft. 4 in.
||5 ft. 6 in.
Mysterious humanoids with pale blue flesh and transparent blood like the waters
of a trickling brook, samsarans are ancient creatures even in their youth.
A samsaran's life is not a linear progression from birth to death, but rather
a circle of birth to death to rebirth. Whenever a samsaran dies, it reincarnates
anew as a young samsaran to live a new life. Her past memories remain vague
and indistinct—and each new incarnation is as different a creature and
personality as a child is to a parent.
Samsarans appear similar to humans, with dark hair and solid white eyes with
no pupils or irises. Skin tones are generally shades of light blue.
Sometimes a samsaran perishes under especially dramatic emotional circumstances, causing its soul to wander the Ethereal Plane before finally reincarnating. This spirit journey frays the samsaran's connection to his past lives but strengthens his ability to read others' pasts and present.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial trait may be selected instead of existing samsaran racial
traits. Consult your GM before selecting this new options.
- MountaineerInner Sea Races: Samsarans, often from Zi Ha, who live their lives in the mountains are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb checks or Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces. This racial trait replaces lifebound.
- Mystic Past Life (Su) You can add spells from another spellcasting class to the spell list of your current spellcasting class. You add a number of spells equal to 1 + your spellcasting class's key ability score bonus (Wisdom for clerics, and so on). The spells must be the same type (arcane or divine) as the spellcasting class you're adding them to. For example, you could add divine power to your druid class spell list, but not to your wizard class spell list because divine power is a divine spell. These spells do not have to be spells you can cast as a 1st-level character. The number of spells granted by this ability is set at 1st level. Changes to your ability score do not change the number of spells gained. This racial trait replaces shards of the past.
FAVORED CLASS OPTIONS
The following options are available to all samsarans who have the listed favored
class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the
favored class reward.
- Monk: Add a +1/2 bonus on the monk's saving throws to resist death attacks.
- Oracle: Add one spell known from the oracle spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the oracle can cast.
- Rogue: The rogue gains 1/6 of a new rogue talent.
- Wizard: Add one spell from the wizard spell list to the wizard's spellbook. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the wizard can cast.
The following racial archetype is available to samsarans.
Samsarans have access to the following equipment.
Samsaran Life Wheel
This handheld wooden spool spins freely within a boxlike housing. Inscribed upon the exterior of the spool are dozens of samsaran prayers along with names or symbols associated with a samsaran's past lives. Samsarans believe that spinning the wheel during meditation strengthens the spiritual connections between their former lives. If a samsaran meditates with her wheel for at least 10 minutes about a Knowledge (history) question relating to her own history or the histories of her past lives, she gains a +1 insight bonus on the check.
Samsaran life wheel 25 gp 1/2 lb.
Samsaran have access to the following feat.
Samsaran Magic Items
Samsarans have access to the following magic item.
Samsarans have access to the following spell.