Nagaji (9 RP)
- +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence: Nagaji are strong and have forceful personalities, but tend to ignore logic and mock scholastic pursuits.
- Medium: Nagaji are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Reptilian: Nagaji are humanoids with the reptilian subtype.
- Normal Speed: Nagaji have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Nagaji can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Armored Scales: Nagaji have a +1 natural armor bonus from their scaly flesh. (2 RP)
- Resistant (Ex) Nagaji receive a +2 racial saving throw bonus against mind-affecting effects and poison. (2 RP)
- Serpent's Sense (Ex) Nagaji receive a +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal checks against reptiles, and a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks. (4 RP)
- Languages: Nagaji begin play speaking Common and Draconic. Nagaji with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: any human tongue, Abyssal, Aklo, Celestial, Draconic, Giant, Infernal, and Sylvan.
Random Starting Age
Random Starting Height & Weight
|Gender ||Base Height ||Height Modifier ||Base Weight ||Weight Modifier|
||5 ft. 9 in.
||5 ft. 6 in.
The nagaji are a race of ophidian humanoids with scaled skin that mimics
the dramatic appearance of true nagas. Like serpents, they have forked tongues
and lidless eyes, giving them an unblinking gaze that most other races find
unnerving. Their physical forms are otherwise humanlike, raising wary speculation
about their origins. It is widely believed that true nagas created them as
a servitor race, through crossbreeding, magic, or both, and indeed nagaji revere
nagas as living gods. Nagaji often inspire awe and fear among other humanoids,
as much for their mysterious ancestry as for their talent for both swords and
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial trait may be selected instead of an existing nagaji racial
trait. Consult your GM before selecting this option.
- Hypnotic Gaze (Sp) The nagaji's gaze is so intense it stops others in their tracks. Once per day, it can attempt to hypnotize a single target, as per the spell hypnotism (caster level equal to the nagaji's Hit Dice). The DC of this effect is equal to 11 + the nagaji's Charisma modifier. The effects of the hypnotic gaze only last a single round. This racial trait replaces serpent's sense.
- Serpent AffinityInner Sea Races: Nagaji clerics with this racial trait and the Scalykind domain use their domain powers and spells at +1 caster level. This increase is a racial bonus. This racial trait replaces resistant.
FAVORED CLASS OPTIONS
The following options are available to all nagaji who have the listed favored
class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the
favored class reward.
- Alchemist: Add +1 on Craft (alchemy) checks to craft poison and +1/3 on the DCs of poisons the alchemist creates.
- Cavalier: Add 1 foot to the base speed of the cavalier's mount. This has no effect in combat unless the cavalier has selected this reward five times (or another increment of five). If the cavalier ever replaces this mount, the new mount gains this bonus to its speed.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the fighter's CMD when resisting a grapple or
- Mesmerist: Add 1/5 to the Hit-Die limit and the total number of Hit Die affected with each enchantment or illusion spell the mesmerist casts. This bonus stacks with the mesmerist's mental potency class feature and is applicable under the same conditions as that ability.
- Monk: Add +1/4 point to the monk's ki pool.
- Oracle: Add 1/6 to the oracle's level for the purpose of determining the effects of one revelation.
- Paladin: Add 1/2 minute to the duration of the paladin's divine bond with her weapon.
- Ranger: Add 1 skill rank to the ranger's constrictor snake or viper snake animal companion.
- Slayer: Gain 1/6 of a new slayer talent.
- Sorcerer: Add 1/2 to the sorcerer's caster level when determining the duration of transmutation spells she casts that target the sorcerer or spells she casts with the poison descriptor.
- Summoner: Add +1 hit point to the summoner's eidolon.
- Warpriest: Add 1/2 to the number of times per day the warpriest can use blessings, although he can use these additional blessings only for Charm, Magic, Nobility, Rune, or Scalykind blessings.
The following racial archetype is available to nagaji.
Nagaji have access to the following feat.
Nagaji Magic Items
Nagaji have access to the following magic item.