- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence: Kuru are abnormally fast and hardy, but bloodlust clouds their thinking.
- Low-Light Vision: In dim light, kuru can see twice as far as humans.
- Blood Courage: See above.
- Cannibalistic Vitality: See above.
- Light Sensitivity: See the universal monster rules in the Pathfinder RPG Bestiary.
- Natural Weapon: Kuru possess a natural bite attack that deals 1d6 points of damage.
- Languages : Kuru begin play speaking Kuru. Kuru with high Intelligence scores can choose bonus languages from the following: Abyssal, Common, Polyglot, Undercommon.
Kuru are savage natives of the Shackles, dreadfully transformed by their loathsome "goddess," the Blood Queen. While most kuru live in small tribal villages in or around Ghol-Gan ruins, some choose to abandon their cultic faith and seek adventure beyond the islands from which they hail, though such individuals are extremely rare.