- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength: Kitsune are agile and companionable, but tend to be physically weak.
- Medium: Kitsune are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Kitsune: Kitsune are humanoids with the kitsune and shapechanger subtypes.
- Normal Speed: Kitsune have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex) Kitsune can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Change Shape (Su) A kitsune can assume the appearance of a specific single human form of the same sex. The kitsune always takes this specific form when she uses this ability. A kitsune in human form cannot use her bite attack, but gains a +10 racial bonus on Disguise checks made to appear human. Changing shape is a standard action. This ability otherwise functions as alter self, except that the kitsune does not adjust her ability scores.
- Agile (Ex) Kitsune receive a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks.
- Kitsune Magic (Ex/Sp) Kitsune add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against enchantment spells that they cast. Kitsune with a Charisma score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like ability: 3/day—dancing lights.
- Natural Weapons (Ex) In her natural form, a kitsune has a bite attack that deals 1d4 points of damage.
- Languages: Kitsune begin play speaking Common and Sylvan. Kitsune with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: any human language, Aklo, Celestial, Elven, Gnome, and Tengu.
Random Starting Age
Random Starting Height & Weight
|Gender ||Base Height ||Height Modifier ||Base Weight ||Weight Modifier|
||4 ft. 10 in.
||4 ft. 5 in.
Kitsune, or fox folk, are vulpine shapeshifters known for their love of both
trickery and art. Kitsune possess two forms: that of an attractive human of
slender build with salient eyes, and their true form of an anthropomorphic
fox. Despite an irrepressible penchant for deception, kitsune prize loyalty
and make true companions. They delight in the arts, particularly riddles and
storytelling, and settle in ancestral clans, taking their wisdom from both
the living and spirits.
Quick-witted and nimble, kitsune make excellent bards and rogues. It is not
uncommon for one to pursue sorcery, while those few born with white fur and
pale eyes usually become oracles.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial traits may be selected instead of existing kitsune racial
traits. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- DuplicitousInner Sea Races: Many kitsune prefer to avoid the attention they often attract from human neighbors and attempt to convince all around them that they are human. They gain a +1 racial bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks. This racial trait replaces kitsune magic.
- Fast Shifter (Su) You were born with an innate talent for switching between your natural forms. Using your racial change shape ability is a move action instead of a standard action. This racial trait replaces kitsune magic.
- Gregarious (Ex) Even among your own kind, your gift for making friends stands out. Whenever you successfully use Diplomacy to win over an individual, that creature takes a -2 penalty to resist any of your Charisma-based skill checks for the next 24 hours. This racial trait replaces agile.
- Keen Kitsune Although amiable, kitsune are notoriously clever and cunning, often far more than they seem. Such characters gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity and Intelligence instead of Dexterity and Charisma. This racial trait alters the kitsune's ability score modifiers.
- Multilingual Although most kitsune speak only Common, some quickly learn other human languages in order to give themselves an edge when dealing with humanity. They speak Common, Senzar, and the racial language of their human form's ethnicity, and they can learn any language they want (except Druidic and other secret languages) if they have high Intelligence scores. This racial trait replaces agile as well as a kitsune's normal languages.
- Skilled Some kitsune focus on diversifying their skill set in order to better blend in with their human peers. They gain an additional skill rank at 1st level and one additional skill rank whenever they gain a level. This racial trait replaces agile and kitsune magic.
- Superior Shapeshifter Some talented kitsune take more naturally to shapeshifting than magic, and develop that gift. They gain Fox Shape as a bonus feat at 1st level, ignoring its prerequisites. This racial trait replaces kitsune magic.
FAVORED CLASS OPTIONS
The following options are available to all kitsune who have the listed favored
class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the
favored class reward.
- Any: Gain 1/6 of a new Magical Tail feat. Any kitsune character can choose this bonus upon gaining a level in her favored class.
- Arcanist: When casting arcanist enchantment spells, add 1/3 to the effective caster level, but only for the purpose of determining duration.
- Bard: Add a +1/2 bonus on Bluff checks to lie and a +1/2 bonus on Diplomacy checks to gather information.
- Brawler: Increase the number of times per day the brawler can use martial flexibility by 1/4.
- Cavalier: Add 1/4 to the cavalier's banner bonus.
- Druid: Add a +1/2 bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks to change a creature's attitude.
- Fighter: Add 1/3 to damage rolls the fighter makes with weapon attacks against an opponent that he is flanking or that is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC.
- Mesmerist: Increase the number of mesmerist tricks the mesmerist can use per day by 1/3.
- Oracle: Reduce the penalty for not being proficient for one weapon by 1. When the nonproficiency penalty for a weapon becomes 0 because of this ability, the oracle is treated as having the appropriate Martial or Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat for that weapon.
- Rogue: The rogue gains 1/6 of a new rogue talent.
- Shaman: Add one enchantment spell from the sorcerer/wizard spell list that isn't on the shaman spell list to the list of spells the shaman knows. This spell must be at least 1 level below the highest spell level the shaman can cast.
- Sorcerer: Add +1/4 to the DC of enchantment spells.
- Swashbuckler: Increase the total number of points in the swashbuckler's panache pool by 1/4.
- Vigilante: Add 1/2 to the Disguise bonus provided by seamless guise.
The following racial archetype is available to kitsune.
Kitsune have access to the following feats.
Kitsune Magic Items
Kitsune have access to the following magic item.