- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength: Gripplis are nimble and alert, but spindly.
- Small: Gripplis are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a -1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Grippli: Gripplis are humanoids with the grippli subtype.
- Normal Speed: Gripplis have a base speed of 30 feet and a climb speed of 20 feet.
- Darkvision: Gripplis can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Camouflage: Gripplis receive a +4 racial bonus on Stealth checks in marshes and forested areas.
- Swamp Stride (Ex) A grippli can move through difficult terrain at its normal speed while within a swamp. Magically altered terrain affects a grippli normally.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gripplis are proficient with nets.
- Languages: Gripplis begin play speaking Common and Grippli. Gripplis with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Boggard, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Sylvan.
Random Starting Age
Random Starting Height & Weight
|Gender ||Base Height ||Height Modifier ||Base Weight ||Weight Modifier|
||1 ft. 7 in.
||1 ft. 5 in.
Gripplis stand just over 2 feet tall and have mottled green-and-brown skin.
Most gripplis are primitive hunter gatherers, living on large insects and fish
found near their treetop homes, and are unconcerned about events outside their
swamps. The rare grippli who leaves the safety of the swamp tends to be a ranger
or alchemist seeking to trade for metals and gems.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial traits may be selected instead of existing grippli racial
traits. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Defensive TrainingInner Sea Races: Gripplis of Golarion, common in the Valashmai Jungle, often live in close proximity to very large animals and dangerous creatures they must learn to avoid in order to survive. They gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC against Large or larger animals and magical beasts. This racial trait replaces swamp stride and weapon familiarity.
- Glider: Gripplis' aerodynamic bodies and thick webbing between the toes enable a falling grippli to treat the distance fallen as half the actual distance. The grippli can steer himself while falling, moving horizontally up to a number of feet equal to half the vertical distance fallen. The grippli cannot use this trait if it is wearing heavy armor, is carrying a heavy load, or is unable to react to the fall (such as being helpless). This racial trait replaces swamp stride.
- Jumper: Gripplis with this trait are always considered to have a running start when making Acrobatics checks to jump. This racial trait replaces camouf lage.
- Princely: The grippli gains proficiency with rapiers and a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks. This racial trait replaces swamp stride and weapon familiarity.
- Toxic Skin (Ex) Once per day as a swift action, a grippli can create a poison that can be applied to a weapon or delivered as a touch attack. Alternatively, the grippli can smear the poison on its own body as a standard action, affecting the first creature to hit it with an unarmed strike or natural weapon. The poison loses its potency after 1 hour. The grippli is immune to its own poison. This racial trait replaces swamp stride and camouf lage.
Grippli Poison: Skin or weapon—contact or injury; save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 the grippli's Hit Dice plus its Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dexterity damage; cure 1 save.
FAVORED CLASS OPTIONS
The following options are available to all gripplis who have the listed favored
class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the
favored class reward.
- Alchemist: Add +1/4 to the number of toxic skin uses per day.
- Barbarian: Add 1/5 to the armor bonus granted by hide armor or bone armor the barbarian wears (maximum +3).
- Bard: Add 5 feet to the range of one bardic performance.
- Druid: Add a +1/2 bonus on concentration checks. This bonus doubles
in a forest or swamp terrain.
- Gunslinger: Add a +1/4 bonus on attack rolls when making a utility shot or a dead shot.
- Medium: Add 1/4 to any checks modified by the medium's spirit surge ability.
- Oracle: Add one spell known with the poison or water descriptor from the druid's spell list. This spell must be at least 1 level below the highest spell level the oracle can cast. The spell is treated as 1 spell level higher, unless it is also on the oracle spell list.
- Rogue: Add a +1/2 bonus on Perception checks while in a forest or
- Ranger: Add a +1 racial bonus on Swim skill checks. When this bonus reaches +8, the ranger gains a swim speed of 15 feet (this does not grant the ranger another +8 racial bonus on Swim checks).
- Shaman: Add one spell from the druid spell list that isn't on the shaman spell list to the list of spells the shaman knows. This spell must be at least 1 level below the highest spell level the shaman can cast.
- Skald: Increase the skald's total number of raging song rounds per day by 1.
- Slayer: Add 1/3 to the damage the slayer deals with bone weapons (maximum +4).
- Swashbuckler: Add 1/2 to the swashbuckler's Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Fly, Ride, and Swim checks when using the derring-do deed.
- Witch: Add 1/3 to the saving throw DC to resist the poison of the witch's familiar.
The following racial archetype is available to gripplis.
Gripplis have access to the following equipment.
Black Marsh Spider Venom
This potent spider venom causes victims to become disoriented and lose muscle control until eventually they collapse. Black spider marsh poison injury 14 — 1/rd. for 6 rds. 1d4 Dex and confused for 1 rd. 2 consecutive saves 800 gp
Gripplis have access to the following feat.
Grippli Magic Items
Gripplis have access to the following magic item.