Changelings (7 RP)
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Changelings are frail, but are clever and comely. (0 RP)
- Medium: Changelings are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Humanoid: Changelings are humanoids with the changeling subtype. (0 RP)
- Normal Speed: Changelings have a base speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Hag Racial Trait: The changeling inherits one of the following racial traits, depending on her mother's hag type:
- Crawling Skin (Blood Hag): The changeling gains a +2 bonus
on Disguise checks made to look like specific individuals.
- Dead Eyes (Mute Hag): One of the changeling’s eyes is
a solid, dead black (with no whites even at its edges); this
gives her a +2 bonus on all saves against gaze attacks and
- Frostlaced Flesh (Winter Hag): The changeling leaves no
tracks in snow, and gains a +2 racial bonus on all saves
versus cold effects.
- Green Widow (Green Hag): The changeling gains a +2
racial bonus on Bluff checks against creatures that are
sexually attracted to her.
- Hulking Changeling (Annis Hag): The changeling gains a
+1 racial bonus on melee damage rolls.
- Inscrutable (Blood Hag): The Sense Motive check DC to gain a hunch about the changeling increases by 5.
- Into the Wind (Storm Hag): +1 racial bonus on ranged damage rolls.
- Mist Child (Annis Hag): +5% to miss chance of attacks made against her whilst she has concealment or total concealment.
- Object of Desire (Green Hag): +1 to caster level for Charm Person and Charm Monster.
- Ocean's Daughter (Sea Hag): +1 trait bonus on Swim checks, automatically succeeds at Swim checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from swimming).
- Pyrophile (Ash Hag): The changeling gains a +1 racial bonus on damage rolls when using spells with the fire descriptor. This bonus increases by 1 for every 4 levels the changeling has beyond 1st.
+1 racial bonus on ranged damage rolls.
- Sea Lungs (Sea Hag): The changeling can hold her breath
for a number of rounds equal to 3 × her Constitution
before she risks drowning.
- Wind Breaker (Storm Hag): The changeling is treated as two size categories larger for the purpose of resolving wind effects.
- Claws: Changelings' fingernails are hard and sharp, granting them two claw attacks (1d4 points of damage each). (2 RP)
- Natural Armor: Changelings have a +1 natural armor bonus. (2 RP)
- Darkvision: Changelings can see in the dark up to 60 feet. (2 RP)
- Languages: Changelings begin play speaking Common and the primary language of their host society. Changelings with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aklo, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, and Orc. (0 RP)
Random Starting Age
Random Starting Height & Weight
||4 ft. 2 in.
Changelings are the offspring of hags and their lovers taken through magic
or madness. Dropped off on doorsteps of prospective foster parents, changelings
are raised by strangers. Typically tall, slender, dark haired, and attractive,
changelings otherwise resemble their fathers' race. They are always female,
and their mismatched colored eyes and abnormally pale skin hint at their true
heritage. At puberty, changelings receive 'the call,' a hypnotic spiritual
voice that beckons them to travel and discover their true origins. Changelings
who ignore this call choose their own destiny; those who heed it discover their
'mother' and may come into great power by transforming into hags themselves.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial traits may be selected instead of existing changeling
racial traits. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Hag MagicAgents of Evil: Some changelings develop a gift for spellcasting instead of their mothers' overtly fearsome traits. A changeling with this trait displays one or more stark white streaks in her hair as a child. The DCs of any saving throws against enchantment spells she casts increase by 1, and if her Charisma score is 11 or higher, she also gains the following spell-like abilities, usable once per day each: dancing lights,
disguise self, and pass without trace. The caster level of these spell-like abilities is equal to the changeling's character level. The DC for these spell-like abilities is equal to 10 + the spell's level + the changeling's Charisma modifier. This racial trait replaces the claws and natural armor racial abilities.
- Hag MagicInner Sea Races: Some changelings have an innate talent for magic. They can choose one 1st- or 0-level
spell from the witch spell list that does not have a material component costing more than 1 gp. They can use the chosen spell as a spell-like ability once per day if it is a 1st-level spell or three times per day if it is a 0-level spell (caster level equal to the changeling's character level). This racial trait replaces natural armor.
- WitchbornInner Sea Races: Most changelings are talented witches. They gain a +1 bonus to Intelligence and Charisma instead of a +1 bonus to Wisdom and Charisma. This racial trait alters the changeling's racial ability score modifiers.
FAVORED CLASS OPTIONS
The following options are available to all changelings who have the listed
favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you
select the favored class reward.
- Oracle: Add +1/2 to the oracle's level for the purpose of determining the effects of the oracle's curse ability.
- Rogue: The rogue gains 1/6 of a new rogue talent.
- Witch: Add one spell from the witch spell list to the witch's familiar. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level she can cast. If the witch ever replaces her familiar, the new familiar knows these bonus spells.
The following racial archetype is available to changelings.
Changelings have access to the following feat.
Changelings have access to the following new spell.