Androids (16 RP)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Androids have swift reflexes and are very intelligent, but often have difficulty relating to others.
- Exceptional Senses (Ex): Androids have darkvision to a range of 60 feet and low- light vision. They also gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Languages: Androids begin play speaking Common. Androids with high Intelligence can choose any language as a bonus language (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Constructed (Ex) For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger's favored enemy and bane weapons), androids count both as humanoids and as constructs. Androids gain a +4 racial bonus on all saving throws against mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, and stun effects. They are not subject to fatigue or exhaustion, and are immune to disease and sleep effects.
- Emotionless Androids can never gain morale bonuses and are immune to fear effects and emotion effects. They have problems processing emotions properly, and thus take a -4 penalty on Sense Motive checks.
- Nanite Surge (Ex) An android's body is infused with nanites. Once per day as an immediate action, an android can cause her nanites to surge, granting her a bonus equal to 3 + the android's character level on any one d20 roll; this ability must be activated before the roll is made. When an android uses this power, her circuitry-tattoos glow with light equivalent to that of a torch for 1 round.
Androids are superficially identical to humans in many ways, and to the uninformed it can be difficult to differentiate the two. In the right light, though, androids' alien nature is revealed by the metallic sheen in their eyes and the biological, tattoo-like circuitry that riddles their skin. Their bodies are completely artificial, though made of materials that mimic the flexibility, shape, and density of human flesh and bone. Their organs mirror those of humans so well that only by examining the materials and makeup of these systems—which use sheeny oils and polymer alloys rather than blood and marrow—could one guess that their physiology is alien. Androids are roughly the same size as humans; on average, they are 6 feet tall and weigh 200 pounds.
Shamans speak of great forges where androids are "born" from metal wombs and are cut from electrified umbilical cords. Even androids can't refute or verify such stories, since most who emerge from ruins do so naked and without any memories beyond their initial egress into the wide, unfamiliar world. Their complex design is unlike that of any race known, leading many to suspect that they originated from a distant star system or even another galaxy.
What separates androids from golems and other mindless constructs is that androids are living beings and as such possess souls. Similarly, androids don't live forever, though barring violence or tragedy their bodies never deteriorate. Rather, an android's cybernetic mind eventually shuts down and self-restarts after about a century, leaving its body vacant for several weeks as the old soul departs for its final reward in the Great Beyond and a fresh, new soul finds its way into the shell.
Androids are defined by their class levels–they do not have racial Hit Dice. All androids have the following racial traits.
ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS
The following racial traits may be selected instead of existing racial
traits. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Repairing NanitesInner Sea Races: Some androids cannot prompt their nanites to aid them in any endeavor, but instead find that their nanites stitch their wounds together. The first time each day that such an android has taken an amount of damage greater than or equal to twice her Hit Dice, the nanites automatically activate, without an action. Her circuitry-tattoos glow with light equivalent to that of a torch for 1 round and she heals a number of hit points equal to twice her Hit Dice. This racial trait replaces nanite surge.